Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
c3 consciouscreatives.net
Greetings!

As we approach the Winter Solstice, the darkest time of year and longest night before the "Re-birth" of the Sun, we reflect on the year past and savor what was good, trusting in the ever-unfolding Greater Good that is yet to come. Below is an update from our Founder, Kate McCallum, of all that's been going on at c3: Center for Conscious Creativity throughout 2011. We thank you all for participating and contributing to a truly special year.

2011 Update

Greetings to All!

Hoping this finds you all in good spirits as the holiday season grows nearer.  I am grateful for all the wonder and love that we each experience daily -- despite the hardships we may face -- it all gets us to where we need to be next.  Learning to deepen this practice of daily gratitude has been at the top of my list this past year.  So....to each and every one of you I express my gratitude for your support and continued interest.

What a year 2011 has been for c3!  We have accomplished so many wonderful things this past year.  Here are a few:

1)  Because of William Conway's generous donation we were able to hire an attorney and apply for our official 501c3 status and await the final word on our status.  A special thanks to the Annenberg Foundation for the grant that enabled Bernie Bacosa and Al Frank of Executive Service Corp to provide us with invaluable advice and counsel.    

2)  We completed our first official Real Time Delphi Survey for The Millennium Project and contributed a chapter based on our findings for the STATE OF THE FUTURE 2011 report. 

3)  With the help of our c3 Program Director, Michele Scarabelli we hosted several wonderful events at the Vortex Dome located at LA Center Studios including: a fundraiser and screening for Cynthia Phillips and the Global Social Change Film Festival.  Thanks to Joanne Warfield who provided still photography of the event and to Alexandra Leh, Nijole Sparkis and Fritz Heede, Barbara Waddle, Gary Tomchuk and Jahna and Michael Perricone for volunteering their time. 

4)  Ed Lantz and I spoke at an XMedia Lab conference in Perth, Australia, attended the Global Social Change Film Festival in Bali, I spoke at the World Future Society Conference in Vancouver, Ed and I also organized a panel and both spoke at the IONS conference in San Francisco, I participated and was a finalist in the IFF California Dreamin' contest and I also spoke at the Leaders Causing Leaders conference last month. 

5)  Board Members Jahna and Michael Perricone assisted the c3 in co-producing two wonderful events with Diana Winston and UCLA's MARC: Mindfulness Awareness Research Center on the power of meditation and mindfulness.  I participated in the workshop held at UCLA as a presentor and screened METASPHERE.

6)  Together with Michael Wiese Publishing we co-produced our first THE FUTURE OF STORY conference at LA Center Studios.

7)  Together with Jeanette De Pattie of the Producers Guild of America and The Millennium Project we presented THE STATE OF THE ARTS 2011 event and a think tank with Jerome Glenn for the Global Arts and Media Node of The Millennium Project. Additional support was provided by board members Alison Savitch, Michael and Jahna Perricone, Ed Lantz, Matt Cornwall, Alexandra Leh, Olivia Barham, Brian Quandt, Nijole Sparkis and Fritz Heede, Barbara Waddle, Dana Klisanin, Justine Estee and many others.  To view the live video stream provided so generously by Dyal Productions visit c3so.com

8)  In association with Vortex Immersion Media, Oracle-Projects and The Art of Sound music+arts label we presented the premiere of MIGRATIONS, a 360 immersive experience created for the dome format with visual artist, Audri Phillips and musician/composers No'a Winter Lazerus and HA!Man.  The event was a huge success and sold out.  For more information go to theartofsoundgallery.com under 360.   Board Members Jean Oelrich, Liv Barham, Alexandra Leh and Torie Zalben all helped make this a successful event.  This project will continue to evolve and we will be presenting variations on the theme of MIGRATIONS in 2012. 

9)  We are in the midst of redoing our website with Board Member and designer Glen Weikert and will be launching a new and improved c3 2.0 website early 2012.

10)  The consciouscreatives.net (currently functioning under consciouscreativity.ning.com) site will also be undergoing a remodel to support our work with The Millennium Project and other organizations including UCLA, SNCR and The Millennium Project.  Watch for updates.  A special thank you to Nijole Sparkis who serves as editor of our monthly newsletter and also manages our list.

As we continue to focus and refine our work we are so grateful for all each of you do in your own lives to make this planet a kinder, gentler place to co exist.  

Have beautiful holidays!

Call for a Buddhist Artist

Hello. C3 members might be interested in my search for a Buddhist artist. Could you help spread the word, please?

I am seeking a Buddhist artist and individuals whose life was shaped by the constant presence of death, as potential panelist for an upcoming discussion about the role mortality plays in creativity. Looking for engaging people, and preferably someone based in the Chicago area.

Thank you for your help!

Steven Fischer
oldschooldocumentary@yahoo.com

Conscious Creative Connections

I want to share a beautiful story about what happens here online.  Shortly after we launched our website, I received a message from one of the members of the social networking site consciouscreatives.net  The message was from writer Kevin Naughton. He asked me if I knew of anyone in the publshing business.  As destiny would have it, I had just made an agreement with member Danny Snow who owns Unlimited Publishing to collaborate on publishing books.  Danny has been in the book business for years. As a Development Executive in the studios I had come to realize how powerful books were as core stories for adaptation to film or television and because of my deep love for books and story, I had decided to begin a boutique publishing line under my own transmedia company Bridge Arts Media LLC.  

I asked Kevin if he would be interested in my reading his manuscript in consideration of our publishing it.  He agreed and sent it to me.  I read TROUT RISING on my way to Comic Con.  We stopped at the beach near San Diego and I laid in the sun reading his beautiful story about a young man's love of surfing, of life, wisdom and deep spiritual truths.  I was hooked.  Kevin and I discussed my desire to publish his book and we agreed to take the adventure together.  Now, Kevin's beautiful book is done.  It's magnificent and I believe destined to become a classic.  

We want to offer each of you the opportunity to buy this beautiful book at a holiday discount of 25% off the original price for only $14.95.  Please visit Kevin's site for more information about Trout Rising and to order the book at troutrising.com.  He will autograph all books purchased through his site.  This book is precisely an example of the spirit of co-creation and collaboration that we hope to inspire within c3.  This vision can continue as each of us find ways to collaborate together.  

We are dedicated to helping each of you manifest your projects and your service in the world.   In 2012 there will be more of these types of opportunities and if we look to each of you to support the great work we all can co-create together.  Please help support Kevin's work by sending the link from TROUT RISING to your friends and acquaintances with a good word about the story.

Onward to a magnificent 2012!  May you all find deep peace within and prosper in your lives.

Blessings and peace,

Special Offers

Pamela Jaye Smith is offering a 20% discount on any MYTHWORKS services -- story consulting, personal myth consulting, acting-from-the-chakras classes, image and brand consulting, and speaking for seminars and events.

OR MAKE US AN OFFER OF YOUR OWN by hitting "reply" - if you have services you would like to offer please send to me for consideration and inclusion in our next newsletter!

Thank you for being a part of this great community!

Yours in Consciousness and Creativity,
Nijole Sparkis
Community Communications Catalyst
consciouscreativity.ning.com

Our mailing address is:
c3 Center for Conscious Creativity
600 Moulton Ave
Suite 204
Los Angeles, CA 90031

Copyright (C) 2011 c3 Center for Conscious Creativity All rights reserved.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Forum

New to the site? 27 Replies

Started by c3 in about this site. Last reply by Coni Ciongoli Koepfinger Feb 6, 2014.

member offers

the Great Work

Metasphere

doxaworx - culturelab

Post a job. Find one. authenticjobs.com

© 2018   Created by c3.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service